Buzz isn’t just a pretty face that is willing to eat questionable cooking. He’s also a mathematician.
So yesterday we celebrated Pi Day… with pie, of course.
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- 1½ cups drained crushed pineapple
- 1 graham cracker pie shell
- Whip softened cream cheese and sugar together well.
- Fold in the whipped cream, then the well drained crushed pineapple.
- Spoon into the pie shell.
- Chill thoroughly, about two hours, until filling is set.
Quick pineapple cheese pie, for those mathematically-themed holidays when you’re just really busy.
Cream cheese is amazingly versatile for desserts — just add sugar, and it’s pretty much ready to go.
And then you add whipped cream and pineapple and bump it up to a delicious fruity level.
I originally smoothed the top down, but it looked really boring — so I made the top all spiky and interesting instead.
Buzz loves cheesecake. And this is really just cheesecake with pineapple.
“Ohhhh, man. This is really great.”
From his tasting notes:
Nothing unexpected about the flavor, just what you would expect based on the ingredients. But very tasty!