If you are looking for a light, bouncy lamb cake with a good texture that pairs well with coconut, this is the cake for you!
This recipe comes from Martha K. She was a total sweetheart and sent the lamb cake recipe that was originally included with the vintage Renalde lamb cake mold.
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 cups sifted cake flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add egg yolks one at a time, beating thoroughly after each one is added.
- Sift dry ingredients together 3 times and add to creamed mixture alternately with milk and vanilla, beating until smooth after each addition.
- Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites.
- Grease cake mold thoroughly; fill face part of mold with batter. Cover with other half of mold and place in hot oven face down, baking for 45 mins. Bake at 450 degrees for first 15 mins, finish baking at 350 degrees.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 15 mins before loosening to take out.
However, DO NOT make the Renalde frosting. It is terrible.
It makes your lamb look all…sad. And melt-y.
Instead, frost your cake with Vintage Birthday Cake Frosting, and all will be well!