The Best of Tom 2009

Posted on Dec 23 2009 - 7:53am by RetroRuth

Merry Christmas early, everyone!!!  We are getting ready for a great holiday, so I thought I would give you all a treat this week.  I know how much everyone likes my husband Tom’s reactions to the first bite of the Mid-Century Menu, so I thought I would put together a best of Tom post as a present for all you loyal readers.

So….drum roll please…

I present to you, The Best of Tom.

(The Best of Tom is best when veiwed with “I Would Do Anything For Love”  by Meatloaf playing in the background)

Auction, Meat Pie & Taco 081

Enjoying Meat-Crusted Corn Pie

Potato & Divinity 036

Eating Divinity Fudge and Potato Candy

spamcakes-020

Wolfing down Spamcakes

Pierogi Fest & Hawaiian Frankcabobs 061

Munching on Hawaiian Frankabobs.

Auction 030

Struggling to eat Sky High Braunschweiger Towers.

Grapelade Cake 076

Loving Grapelade Cake.

Antique Show and Jellied Eggs 100

Gagging on Jellied Stuffed Eggs.

Sardine Rice Eggs 043

Puzzled over Stuffed Eggs on Rice.

Pineapple Hammettes 756

Choking down Pineapple Hamettes.

Chevron Bake 039

Puzzled over Chevron Rice Bake.

Noodle Ring 047

Angry at the Noodle Ring with Creamed Chicken.

And last, but not least…

race-weeken-063

Dressing up as some sort of…spaceman to cover some tile in our laundry room.

Love you, hon, and thanks for being such a good sport!  We all appreciate you being the brave one, and trying the first bites for love and for the Mid-Century Menu.

1. Deb December 23, 2009 at 9:57 am - Reply

He’s too cute – you both are!!

2. sablemable December 23, 2009 at 10:03 am - Reply

LOL! Those were great shots, Ruth! Yeah, thanks Tom for making “faces” at the food!!!!!!

3. Marsi @ The Cottage Cheese December 23, 2009 at 10:06 am - Reply

Tom really is such a great sport, isn’t he? My husband definitely wouldn’t eat some of those more unusual mid-century meals, and he even loves food. Tom, you rock! I’m off to make some rather traditional cookies…

P.S. Wishing you guys a very happy holiday season :)

4. Maggie December 23, 2009 at 11:11 am - Reply

Are we voting? The “noodle ring” shot is by far my favorite Tom reaction!

He looks like he’s considering whether “attempted poisoning” would be sufficient grounds for divorce.

5. Annie B. December 23, 2009 at 11:15 am - Reply

What a guy! Tom is the best! This post is also a great showcase for your wonderful Fiestaware! Each meal is served on a different color plate!

Merry Christmas, all!!

6. Jeanne December 23, 2009 at 11:19 am - Reply

I was hoping you’d do something like this. lol. Your husband is such a good sport and his expressions are priceless!

Love your blog and Merry Christmas!

7. Andrea December 23, 2009 at 3:21 pm - Reply

LOL! These all really were great shots! I second the noodle ring pic vote.

8. Sara in AZ December 23, 2009 at 3:23 pm - Reply

Hooray for Tom pics! ;)

9. Amy December 24, 2009 at 5:08 am - Reply

wow your husband sure is a good sport trying all those vintage meals, makes you wonder how people back then looked forward to their dinners.

10. Barbara December 25, 2009 at 9:30 pm - Reply

Love the Tom pics! I so look forward to the recipes and pictures of Tom taking the first bite!!

11. Jana September 7, 2010 at 6:17 pm - Reply

A salute to brave husbands! They trespass in the lands of egg sauces and gelatin where others fear to tread.