Vintage Cooking Kitsch on eBay

Posted on Jul 21 2013 - 6:47am by RetroRuth

It was SO HARD not to buy up a ton of stuff this week on eBay. Check out some of the goodies I found!

2 Vintage Heinz Books The Heinz Book of Meat Cookery & The Heinz Book Recipes

Heinz 57 cookbook

Heinz 57 products

Heinz 57 recipe

Why I Want This: Cooking with ketchup? How can I say “no”?

Vintage Iced Coffee Recipes Booklet 1934

Iced Coffee Recipes

Why I Want This: “My Dear, would you care for some iced coffee?”

“Of course, Darling. When have I ever been able to say ‘no’ to you and your delicious iced coffee?”

Franco American Beef Gravy Recipes Recipe Booklet Cookbook 1960's Vintage

Franco American Beef Gravy

Franco American Recipes

Why I Want This: Make your favorite dish, then smother it in gravy! I really want the recipe for that hot dog thing on the cover.

Vintage 1957 RECIPES THAT PEP-UP MEALS with WISE POTATO CHIPS Cookbook

Wise Potato Chips

Why I Want This: Who doesn’t want to pep up their meals with potato chips?

16 VINTAGE Marie Gifford Recipes by Armour CO

Armours Meal of The Month

Armour Meal of The Month Cards

Why I Want This: Stuffed Frankfurters! Fluffy Cloverbloom Eggs! I want them all.

Vintage 1977 The Cheerios Recipe Book Pamphlet cookbook

Cherrios Recipe Book

Why I Want This: The recipe on the cover actually looks pretty good. “Powerful Good”, if the description is to be believed!

TUPPERWARE KITCHEN TESTED RECIPES VINTAGE 1960'S BOOKLET

Tupperwear Recipes

Why I Want This: Hello knotty pine Tupperware Test Kitchen!

VNTG Handi Hostess JUMBO Patty Molds Tart/Fish/Heart Orig Box/Recipes/Instrctns

Handy Hostess Patty Molds

Handy Hostess Recipe

Handy Hostess Patty Mold

Why I Want This: I think I need to start serving Mid-Century Menu dishes in deep-fried fish-shaped shells. Who wouldn’t want that?

If you want to check out more mid-century eBay kitsch, head on over to my other blog!

*Disclaimer: No Pattern Required is part of the eBay Partner Network, and that means that when you click on our eBay links we may earn a very small commission.

1. Cristina July 21, 2013 at 10:25 am - Reply

Always loves these post Ruth because I always end up buying something from them =)

• RetroRuth July 23, 2013 at 4:23 pm - Reply

What did you get this time??? I would love to know!

• Cristina July 23, 2013 at 9:15 pm - Reply

Haha Ruth I got the Kraft cookbook from the last post with the gelatin fish on the front cover! It should be arriving by tomorrow. I did get the dr pepper one and now I’m getting the wise potato one! I just came back from PA and got a ton of vintage cookbooks have some recipes for you =)

2. Poppy Crocker July 21, 2013 at 12:34 pm - Reply

I love the Heinz cookbook. I wonder if it has the ketchup chocolate cake recipe that people were always entering in our county fair.

I grew up not far from one of their factories and I always knew it was time to go back to school when I could smell ketchup in the air.

• RetroRuth July 23, 2013 at 4:22 pm - Reply

Poppy – Do you have the ketchup chocolate cake recipe?? I would love to have it if you do!

• Poppy July 23, 2013 at 11:00 pm - Reply

I wish I did! I’ll send it if I do find it.

• Poppy July 24, 2013 at 12:24 pm - Reply

I think I found it, and another interesting cake from my hometown too. Sending the recipes to your email.

3. Tipsykit July 22, 2013 at 12:26 am - Reply

Oh my god, Beef Shortcake! Beef! Shortcake! Hahahaha!!! But seriously, I think I might actually eat that. Next time I have some leftover pot roast and gravy, I will know what to do with it.

4. David July 22, 2013 at 1:45 am - Reply

You should make one of those Franco-American recipes next! They all seem like winner-winner gravy dinners. Sorry. I had to do that.

5. Barb August 9, 2013 at 12:11 am - Reply

All I can see is a mad mid-century scientist developing ways to cook frankfurters…it’s just nuts how many hot dog recipes there are! No wonder our parents had high blood pressure… 😉