Reader’s 2014 Lamb Cake Gallery and Vintage Cookbook Winner!

Posted on Apr 23 2014 - 3:32am by RetroRuth

This was an amazing year for the humble little lamb cake! When I asked for reader submissions, I never thought I would get so many great cakes. It alternately makes me feel happy and very, very hungry. I mean…it’s a gallery of cake. Delicious, delicious cake.

So take a look and get inspired for next Easter! There are really so many pretty little lambs and some great decorating ideas. Oh, and keep an eye out for some hats, a bunny and a lamb smoking a cigarette!

But before we get to the gallery, let’s announce the winner. I did a random drawing with everyone’s name who sent me a lamb cake, and the winner is:

Cosby's Lamb Cake

Cosby!

Isn’t her little lamb sweet? Congrats, Cosby, I hope you enjoy your cookbook!

Now, onto the lambs!

1. Eartha Kitsch April 23, 2014 at 12:54 pm - Reply

Congrats to Cosby! What a sweet lamb!

I’m glad that I didn’t have to pick a winner! They’re all SO great! I’d have to give bonus points to the one with the cigarette because she makes me giggle and reminds me of my grandmother, if my grandmother was a lamb. 🙂 So much originality shown with these lambs!

2. Dk Zody April 23, 2014 at 10:50 pm - Reply

Wait, there's a rabbit! How about the rabbit?

3. Kim Covell-Campbell April 23, 2014 at 10:55 pm - Reply

I love the face on Gina's lamb!

4. Erica April 24, 2014 at 9:14 pm - Reply

The plate decor is almost as interesting as the lambs. Eggs, grass, flowers, fruit… peeps… Great work, everybody!

5. Lisa April 25, 2014 at 9:30 pm - Reply

What fun! And such wonderful creativity! Hope they all tasted as good as they look. My family was thrilled with mine and the trip down memory lane!

Next year, I’m breaking out the bunny mold!

Happy spring everyone.