Happy Vintage Cocktail Friday!
This week we are diving headfirst into shallow waters with a great book we recently purchased called the Smirnoff Brunch Book from 1971. It’s hard to put into words how awesome this book is, probably because my idea of “awesome” is probably a lot different than most people’s.
Let’s just say there are a lot of unusual combinations in this book. This drink is a great example of that.
- 2 ounces Smirnoff Vodka
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 1 egg white (we used pasteurized)
- 1 tsp confectioner's sugar
- 1 T light cream (half and half)
- ½ t orange flower water
- carbonated water
- Combine all ingredients except carbonated water and shake well with cracked ice.
- Strain into 12 ounce glass and fill with carbonated water. Stir. (warning - this will fizz like CRAZY!)
“Is this a glass of dishwater?”
“You aren’t trying to poison me, are you?”
“Please, like I would be taking pictures.”
“Then this is terrible.”
The Verdict: Terrible
From The Tasting Notes-
This looks and tastes like a cleaning solution. The appearance isn’t exactly appetizing either.