Festive Coffee Ring
Author: Fleischmann’s Yeast, 1959
- ½ cup warm, not hot, water (105-115 degrees F)
- 1 pkg Fleischmann’s Active Dry Yeast
- 1 egg
- 1 T sugar
- 2½ cups Bisquick
- 2 T soft Blue Bonnet Margarine or butter
- 2 T brown sugar
- ⅓ cup chopped candied fruit
- ½ cup chopped Diamond Walnuts
- Dissolve Fleischmann’s Yeast in warm water. Add egg, sugar, and Bisquick. Beat vigorously.
- Turn onto surface dusted with Bisquick. Knead until smooth, 20 times.
- Roll into 16×9 inch rectangle. Spread with Margarine. Sprinkle with sugar, fruit and Diamond walnuts.
- Roll up, beginning at wide side. Pinch dough together to seal. Place sealed side down on greased baking sheet. Pinch ends together to form ring.
- With scissors, make cuts ⅔ through ring at 1-inch intervals. Turn each section on its side.
- Cover. Let rise in a warm place (85 degrees) about an hour.
- Bake in moderate oven (375 degrees) 15-20 minutes. Ice with confectioners sugar icing. Decorate with candied cherries and walnut halves.