Hershey’s Snow Ghost Pie – 1972

Posted on Oct 31 2013 - 5:15am by RetroRuth

Snow Ghost Pie BHG 1972001

Snow Ghost Pie BHG 1972001

From Woman’s Day, 1972

1. Dan October 31, 2013 at 4:24 pm - Reply

That’s a scary story behind Snow Ghost pie, the tale of the “cunning old devil” handyman that tempts little kids to steal from their own grandmas! All we ever had was a mildly drunk cleaning woman who came once a week to break things.

2. Greg March 13, 2014 at 6:17 pm - Reply

My mother used to make this for me as a kid. I loved it. She probably has the same clipping in her recipes, somewhere.

3. diane July 20, 2014 at 11:59 am - Reply

I have had this recipe since 1977. I got it from a friend and have alwys wondered how it originated. But I just moved and can’t find anything. Is there anyone that would email the recipe to me? Adllide@gmail. Thank you all so..much. Diane

4. Laural March 9, 2016 at 12:52 pm - Reply

Thank you for posting this, this was my mothers favorite chocolate pie recipe as I was growing up. Unfortunately it was lost a few years ago, now I can send it to her to make for my kids.

5. helen March 10, 2016 at 9:33 am - Reply

Iive been looking for the story my children enjoyed .the story was lost so glad it has been found.

6. Vicki Janski December 19, 2017 at 12:04 pm - Reply

Anyone that has the original story from the 60″s I’m looking for what magazine and issue date. Think it was woman’s day but not sure. I’m interested in getting original