Whiskey Daisy, 1941 – Vintage Cocktail Friday

Posted on Aug 9 2013 - 6:00am by RetroRuth

Whew. What a week! Good thing we have alcohol to ease the pain.

This week’s drink comes from a recent eBay score: A fantastic bar book with a wooden cover called Here’s How from 1941. There are some great drinks in this book, and a ton of little illustrations which I love.

The drink also has the fabulous name of Whiskey Daisy. Love it.

Whiskey Daisy

• Juice of ½ lime
  • Juice of ¼ lemon
  • 2 dashes Grenadine
  • 2 dashes carbonated water
  • 1 jigger whiskey
  1. Put these ingredients in a highball glass, fill with crushed ice, stir until glass is frosted.
  2. Decorate with fruit and fresh mint and serve with a straw.

One thing that was actually really nice this week is that we have a much happier baby!

Laughing like crazy. So cute.

Even Tom can’t hide his grin.

Similar contemplation faces. Hilarious.

“How is it?”

“Good, actually. Tastes kind of like a whiskey sour, but better.”

The Verdict: Good!

From The Tasting Notes:

Tastes like a whiskey sour, but with with a fruitier taste and smell. Good, and one we will be making again!

1. deb August 9, 2013 at 7:45 am - Reply

She is SO cute – good to see pics of her!

2. Jeanine August 9, 2013 at 3:15 pm - Reply

That is one seriously cute baby! Glad she’s happier for you!

3. Mia August 9, 2013 at 4:31 pm - Reply

So cute!

4. Cindy August 9, 2013 at 6:09 pm - Reply

Sweet baby and the cocktail sounds delish!

5. Betsy August 9, 2013 at 6:53 pm - Reply

Score on the book! I love any kind of recipe book with lots of illustrations. Otherwise, what’s the point? Your baby is adorable. You’re absolutely right. Tom’s and her exprression are in sync.

6. Betsy August 10, 2013 at 8:15 pm - Reply

Bless you!!!!!!

7. Lassie August 12, 2013 at 8:44 am - Reply

I would LOVE to look through that book. Need I say, baby is adorable! Cheers!

8. Eartha Kitsch August 23, 2013 at 9:05 am - Reply

I just love that there will photos in baby’s history that show her sitting next to a bottle of gin. We have one in my family of my brother holding a PBR can as a toddler and it’s been one of our favorite photos for decades. : )

9. Faith January 11, 2014 at 7:00 pm - Reply

I have a book that must be from the same authors. It’s also bound in wood and the type and cartoons look the same.
    It’s called Just Cocktails.
    The copyright date is 1939 by The Three Mountaineers, Inc