Kraft Marshmallows, 1973 – Mid-Century Shopping Cart

Posted on Jul 23 2013 - 6:55am by RetroRuth

Kraft Marshmallows Family Circle 1973001

From Family Circle Magazine, 1973

1. Cristina July 23, 2013 at 10:51 am - Reply

I looove marshmallows especially Kraft ones! That is the only ones I ever buy.In fact I just bought 2 bags of the mini marshmallows the other day =)

2. David July 23, 2013 at 3:21 pm - Reply

Christina, I agree. I’ve been known to munch on those Kraft-y things straight from the bag! Dehydrated miniature marshmallows in hot chocolate? NEVER! It’s Kraft Miniatures, or nothing.

My grandma used to make “Jimmy Kraft Corn” (her funny title, popcorn balls and peanuts made with melted Kraft marshmallows and Kraft caramels). Ah, that was some goodness right there…

• Cristina July 23, 2013 at 3:50 pm - Reply

David, your grandmas recipe with the corn and marshmallows sounds awesome!! I do love marshmallows in hot chocolate too, but Kraft mini ones are much better in it YUM!

My husband makes his “ambrosia” fruit salad, it contains fruit cocktail, pineapple chunks, cherries, cool whip and lots of mini marshmallows…so yummy for the summer!

You should diffidently try it! Check out my blog, the full recipe is on there…www.retrocookbookrecipes.blogspot.com !

3. David July 24, 2013 at 12:27 pm - Reply

Thanks, Christina, I’ll check out your blog! Mmm, ambrosia… My grandma made ambrosia just like your husband’s recipe, but with flaked coconut. The marshmallows and Cool Whip are what make it awesome!

• Cristina July 24, 2013 at 2:24 pm - Reply

That’s funny you say that your grandma made Ambroisa with coconut, one of my followers said the same thing!!! She said her grandmother would sometimes put coconut in it too! Funny!

Oh yes, I just love it! I never had it before till my husband showed it to me and now im hooked =)