Stuffed Beef Heart – 1968

Posted on Aug 27 2012 - 1:32pm by RetroRuth

Stuffed Beef Heart001

To stuff a heart, remove the hard parts. Close the slit with metal skewers, then lace and tie with string forming a pocket.

Stuffed Beef Heart001

For ease of stuffing, place tied heart in small bowl. Fill lightly with stuffing and cover opening with foil; tie in place.

Stuffed Beef Heart001

From Better Homes and Gardens Meat Cook Book, 1968

1. Eartha Kitsch August 27, 2012 at 1:46 pm - Reply

AS IF there aren’t other meats to eat. GAH! You had me afraid that you were getting ready to make that recipe!

2. Yinzerella August 27, 2012 at 1:57 pm - Reply

I would make this.

3. Retrochef August 27, 2012 at 2:25 pm - Reply

Wow, I must have watched too many horror films… this just looks like a Halloween recipe to me!

4. Laura August 27, 2012 at 3:28 pm - Reply

erk. (quietly disappears from table.)

5. Jo August 27, 2012 at 4:27 pm - Reply

It’s just meat. What is the difference between this and a steak, really? Heart is wonderful meat, incredibly tender if cooked right. This is going in my “Recipes to try” folder for sure!

6. Martha K. August 28, 2012 at 12:05 am - Reply

Please don’t even have a glimmer of a thought about having an organ meat contest.

7. fifi August 28, 2012 at 6:52 pm - Reply

blurp, no, I know it is just meat, but ewww.

8. Berroci December 20, 2012 at 7:31 am - Reply

It’d be interesting to make a sort of turducken heart, with a quail’s heart inside a chicken heart inside a lamb heart inside a beef heart. I’d at least take a bite out of something like that.

9. Joyce Campbell August 17, 2014 at 8:55 pm - Reply

will be making a seared beef heart tonight! Very good.