Regency Ribbon Cake – Too Good Tuesday

Posted on Oct 18 2011 - 1:16pm by RetroRuth

1. Sara In AZ October 18, 2011 at 7:55 pm - Reply

I wish I could make this cake magically appear in front of me right now!

2. RetroRuth October 20, 2011 at 2:57 pm - Reply

I know, right??

3. Laura R Hughes May 21, 2012 at 9:49 am - Reply

That is my grandmother’s cake! She was an amazing lady.

Laura Hughes

• Mary Ellen July 20, 2012 at 12:57 pm - Reply

Laura, please thank your grandmother for me for this wonderful cake. It has been my family’s favorite since I was a child – first with my siblings, and now it’s my own children’s favorite. No other cake matches this one – it is our top request for everyone’s birthday and for every special occasion. Thank you so very, very much!

I have made a couple of minor changes to this original recipe – we use all butter as well as a generous portion of almond extract in our recipe, and we use the new special dark blend of Hershey’s cocoa, as well as an expresso instant coffee, for extra flavor. Yummmmm!

4. Kathy Maude December 21, 2012 at 1:00 pm - Reply

Laura – The Regency Ribbon Cake has been a favorite of my family’s for many, many years! My Mother started making it in the late 50’s, and it was always my request for my birthday. I actually won a baking contest with it in the 80’s, giving credit to my Mom’s “tweaking” of the ingredients, and to your grandmother’s prize-winning recipe. I recently moved and misplaced the recipe, and was so happy to find this site today. I totally remembered your grandmother’s picture! What a lovely woman. Thanks again….