Vintage Video: Buying Food

Posted on Apr 29 2011 - 8:42am by RetroRuth

1. Sara In AZ April 29, 2011 at 12:47 pm - Reply

Remember too: No impulse buying!!! :)

Don’t you just love that Henry spent a whopping $1.96 on all his groceries! And that the small can of Pork & Beans was 12 cents! Amazing.

• RetroRuth May 1, 2011 at 8:20 am - Reply

Isn’t it crazy??? I loved this video!

2. Heather April 30, 2011 at 6:59 pm - Reply

That was *completely* awesome. I want to see more!

• RetroRuth May 1, 2011 at 8:19 am - Reply

Good! Cause more are totally coming, whether you guys liked it or not, so I am glad you DO like it!

3. Erica May 1, 2011 at 8:31 am - Reply

o.0 Three pints of oysters?!? Two rutabagas?

I think Henry purposely messed that up. “Wife wants ME to do the shopping? Well, I’ll make sure that never happens again…”

• dave May 2, 2011 at 9:42 am - Reply

That oyster purchase seemed very dodgy. I mean they’re shucked and sitting in those cartons while their peak of freshness was who knows when. Then I see that he brought all that crap home for his wife to cook. He could have totally done that on purpose.

On the other hand, I have seen men circling the market on any given day looking like a deer caught in headlights. It’s the same look they get when they’re running around Target madly looking for something to buy on the night before, or on Valentines Day. i.e. They’ve never been there before and go all stupid when they cross the threshold.

• RetroRuth May 3, 2011 at 9:41 am - Reply

Yeah, the shucked oysters debacle seemed to be pretty well planned out. He’s a tricky guy!

But yes, I have seen that look in men before. But honestly, I’ve also seen that look in the eyes of women who I see at the store every single week… :)

• RetroRuth May 3, 2011 at 9:44 am - Reply

Ha ha! I know, but the joke is on him. Just wait until he has to choke down oyster-rutabaga chowder! :)