Meat Croquettes Recipe

Posted on Apr 8 2011 - 2:20pm by RetroRuth

Stanley's Syrup002

From Stanley’s Cream Corn Starch, approx. 1925

1. Sara In AZ April 8, 2011 at 2:40 pm - Reply

Could they possibly be good? That is, if they didn’t look so bizarre! 😉 It’s a meat torpedo! hee!

• RetroRuth April 8, 2011 at 2:44 pm - Reply

Ha ha! Or a meat bullet!

2. Miss RM April 8, 2011 at 3:37 pm - Reply

I’ve always assumed these must be almost excruciatingly dry, although, they ARE on my list of things I must try someday!

• RetroRuth April 13, 2011 at 10:58 am - Reply

Actually, Miss RM, I find them to be incredibly moist inside. Almost too much. Not my favorite texture, although they usually taste good!

• Miss RM April 13, 2011 at 3:59 pm - Reply

Huh! I suppose I get this impression because I’ve only ever seen them on vintage recipe cards. That’s always a disillusioning way to view food!

3. Maria April 9, 2011 at 3:03 am - Reply

Chicken croquettes are SO delicious! I don’t recommend croquettes with tomato sauce, though. I’ve usually had them with a.. sort of a glazed gravy over top. They’re crisp on the outside and nice and creamy on the inside!

• RetroRuth April 13, 2011 at 10:57 am - Reply

Yes, NO tomato sauce!

4. dave April 10, 2011 at 2:10 pm - Reply

I love making croquettes. It’s a great way to “fancy up” left overs. I’ve made them with ham, chicken, and duck. The duck croquettes are by far my favorite. I have to agree with Maria though, they usually taste better with gravy. I like a nice giblet gravy.

• RetroRuth April 13, 2011 at 10:56 am - Reply

Sounds yummy, Dave! I also prefer them with gravy rather than tomato sauce.